Getting kids a trampoline is a superb idea. It gets them outdoors and ensures that they get adequate exercise everyday rather than holed up indoors in front of the TV. Add in a soccer goal and you can bet that they will fall asleep when nap time comes after expending all their energy running, kicking and jumping! A 7ft trampoline for kids is the right size to get if you don’t have much space in your backyard. At most, an 8ft trampoline with enclosure would be sufficient for young kids.
Little Tikes 7Ft Trampoline
The Little Tikes brand needs no introduction. So, for a 7ft kids trampoline, you can bet that it will cost slightly more than other brands. It is marketed as a perfect first trampoline for toddlers and kids.
==> Check Price
The Little Tike trampoline is a little different from the usual models with solely steel frames. Instead, part of the frame like the legs is made of blow-molded plastic which is highly durable and takes away the problem of rust. The safety springs are covered with high quality pad protector while the safety enclosure is made of PE netting and supported by heavy duty steel poles.
There ie even a shoe holder attached to the trampoline for convenience and young kids can easily get in and out of the trampoline with its low entrance from the ground.
- It is a sturdy trampoline which seems solid and safe for your kid.
- Asssembly is fairly easy and will take you an hour to two to complete with clear instructions to follow.
- The height is just right for kids as they can climb in and out on their own with ease.
- A common thread in the online complaints from buyers about the Little Tikes 7 Ft Trampoline is that it doesn’t seem to be able to withstand the weather well enough. Parts like the protactive cover and foam paddings will start to deteriorate after a year under the sun.
- Replacement parts are expensive and you might end up being better off buying a brand new trampoline.
- The maximum weight capacity is only 100lbs.
This Little Tikes trampoline does look nicer with its blow-molded plastic frame compared to other models. But the durability is a question mark with complaints of deteriorating parts after a short period of time. Although many other buyers do not face the same problem, you might like to consider buying it for indoor use to prolong its lifespan.
Ultega Jumper Trampoline With Safety Net
The Ultega Jumper Trampoline has a wide range of sizes for its trampoline, so you can pick the one that best fits your needs. If you have a toddler, you can perhaps start with a 6ft trampoline. You can move to the 8ft model as the next step up or go all the way to the 14ft model if you have teenagers at home.
==> Check Price
The trampoline has a galvanised steel frame and base to prevent it from tipping over. The 8ft trampoline’s safety net has 6 padded holes while the mat is attached to the frame by 48 springs. The entrance from the ground is about 2ft high.
- There is a maximum weight limit of 200lbs for this trampoline which means you can get in and jump with your kid.
- The structure is sturdy and safe.
- Many buyers have left reviews online that the company’s customer service is helpful, in case you do need help with assembly and replacement parts.
- Buyers are also generally satisfied with the durability of the Ultega trampoline. The frame is still solid after 2 years of use with replacements needed only for the minor parts like paddings.
- It is a little bit more expensive than other brands. The Ultega 8ft trampoline is selling for about $230 at the time of writing when you can certainly get another brand of about the same size for less than $200.
- The parts will start to deteriorate after about 2 years outdoors.
Generally, trampolines within this price range will need replacement parts after 2 years or so. If you live in more moderate climate, it may last a year or 2 years longer. The important thing is the frame must hold up and for this the Ultega trampolines seem sturdy enough for a few years of jumping fun.
Skywalker Trampolines Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline
The Skywalker Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline has an additional accessory included which is a basketball hoop and ball made of soft materials. So, on top of just jumping, there is an additional activity that your kid can engage in to increase the fun factor. This is an 8ft trampoline for kids.
==> Check Price
The frame of the trampoline is constucted of heavy gauge galvanised rust resistant steel. It has reinforced welded T-sockets at each leg and enclosure joint for greater stability. There are 56 steel springs which are located outside of the enclosure net for additional safety. The protective pad for the springs and frame is made of thick UV-resistant PVC material. There is also no gap between the enclosure net and the jumping surface with the company’s patented No-Gap enclosure design.
- The Jump N’ Dunk Trampoline is considered cheap which makes it a value buy. Retailing at less than $170 at the time of review, it is the cheapest among the 3 trampolines highlighted here.
- The basketball hoop is a bonus for added fun.
- The trampoline is easy to assemble.
- You don’t have to worry about your kid having his finger pinched by the springs with the No-Gap enclosure design.
- The entrance is low which makes it easy for young kids to enter and exit.
- it has a weight capacity of 175lbs which is more than enough for young kids.
- The basketball hoop is not sturdy as it is attached to the backboard with velcro straps only. The rope holding the board together also needs to be tightened regularly.
- A few buyers have commented online that the trampoline is a bit lightweight that you may need to achor it to the ground if you live in strong wind areas.
Overall, most parents are happy with their purchase of this Skywalker trampoline. Their emphasis with their patented enclosure design is a big selling point as parents would be looking for a safe trampoline which they can leave their kids in without worrying about injury.