The American Plastic Toy Deluxe Custom Kitchen has enough to make your kid interested. It has the following features:
- It is brightly colored with a pink and white combination.
- There is a bubbling and sizzling sound when a pot or pan is placed on the burner.
- The kitchen also features a microwave, dishwasher and oven
- There are 2 storage space that look like wicker baskets which are removable. There is also shelf space for more items.
- Included in the set is 22 accessories such as pots, pans, plates, cups and other utensils.
- The dimensions of the set is 33″ in width, 12″ in depth and 38″ in height.
Should You Buy The American Plastic Toy Kitchen?
- Price – Compared to Step 2 play kitchens, this one is relatively cheap. If you are on a tight budget, this one should be worth a serious look.
- Easy to assemble – While there are many pieces out of the box, the instruction is pretty clear. Assembly will take about an hour. If you are new to this, it could be longer but highly doable.
- Enough of features – The sounds are a plus for this kitchen and will make a kid much more excited during play. The accessories are also very practical and go well with the playset.
- Light – The whole kitchen is a little light in weight and may border on the flimsy for some. It weighs only about 16 pounds for something that is over 3 feet in height. So, you might need to anchor it to the wall to prevent it from toppling over if your kid decides to climb on it or push it around.
- No play food provided – The accessories do not include any play food. Hence, you will need to get some to get things going.
- Durability – Some buyers have complained that the play kitchen does not last long before pieces start to fall apart. Given that kids will tend to be rough with their toys, handles and doors could break after a while.
The main selling point of this set is the price. Not everyone wants to spend a few hundred dollars on a toy for a toddler or pre-schooler. If you are looking at it from this aspect, then the Deluxe Custom Kitchen is certainly worth a buy because there are not many similar sets out there at this price point. But don’t expect it to last before a part or two starts coming off. The other good alternative is the Little Tikes Cupcake Kitchen which is also in a similar price range although a little smaller.
However, given that toys are quickly outgrown, durability may not be as important a consideration. That is unless this is going to get passed down to your younger kids, it will do for play pretend for a year or so.