When the summer season comes, going to the pool or the beach is something we all look forward to. Kids, especially, love playing in the water. But when you have to take a long drive to get there, you can’t possibly have such fun everyday. This is where an inflatable water slide comes in. Take a few minutes to blow it up, fill it with water and your kids can play in the water right in your backyard.
Below are a few of the best inflatable water slides that you can buy to provide fun for your kids during the summer.
Blast Zone Pirate Bay Inflatable Combo Water Park and Bounce
The Blast Zone Pirate Bay Inflatable Combo Water Park and Bounce offers a lot of activities in a single unit. Apart from the obvious slide, there is also a bounce house with safety netting for bouncing fun after sliding down from the top. A crawl tunnel connects the bouncer through the slide to the outside.
==> Check Price
To get to the top of the slide, your kids will have to hike up a climbing wall. There, they will be sprayed with water through a sprayer system. Going down the slide, they will end up in the pool area filled with a maximum of 6″ of water. At the 2 corners of the pool lies a water cannon each to double the fun. Your kids can also enter the bounce house from the pool area.
The dimensions of this Pirate Bay Inflatable Play Park is 20′ (L) x 12′ (W) x 8′ (H). The bounce house measures about 6.5′ x 5′ while the slide is roughly 7.5′ long. Made with commercial grade vinyl with double and quadruple stitching, the package includes a blower, storage bag, sprayer assembly and stakes. The weight limit per user is 100lbs and the total number of kids allowed at any one time is 1 child each on the slide and climbing wall, 2 in the bouncer and 3 in the pool area. The bouncer can take in a maximum of 300lbs while the slide portion can withstand 200lbs.
- There is a crawl tunnel and bouncer to add variety to the blow up water slide. Therefore, younger kids can also have fun if they are still too young to go on the slide.
- The slide is slick when wet and kids can slide down pretty quickly.
- It is easy to set up and the structure inflates in 2 minutes.
- It is large enough to fit 5 to 6 kids at the same time.
- A few buyers have complained that this unit doesn’t seem durable as it rips apart at the seams after only a short period of time. Although the majority of reviewers online are satisfied with the quality of the slide, it won’t be as durable as a commercial inflatable unit.
- The bounce house is on the small side.
- The water tubing is seems flimsy to some parents and you could end up with problems for the water flow.
Overall, this inflatable water slide for kids is absolute fun. There is no doubt that kids will have a blast with this. However, the storage can be a hassle when play is over because it does take a few days to dry it out once you have drained off all the water. Just beware that this could be an inconvenience before you invest in an inflatable water park for home use.
Little Tikes Rocky Mountain River Race Bouncer
The Little Tikes Rocky Mountain River Race Bouncer comes with 2 slides on each side. To get up to the slides, your kids will have to climb up a climbing wall.
==> Check Price
The surprise at the top is the dump bucket which will pour water onto the kids climbing up the wall. Both the slides have spray hoods at the top that will keep the slides wet and slippery to allow for an exciting trip down to the pool area.
The maximum number of kids that can get in at any one time is 4. The maximum weight limit is 350lbs. The dimensions of this blow up water slide is about 13′ (L) x 14′ (W) x 8.5′ (H). It also has a blower, stakes, storage bag and repair kit included.
- The design of this unit ensures that you can keep an eye easily on all your kids. Unlike other inflatable water slides that have the climbing wall at the back, this one is right in the center at the front. Hence, you can check on all your kids at a glance without having to go round the back.
- Having 2 slides means kids do not have to queue to wait for their turn.
- Many parents have commented in online reviews that they have used it dry for their kids to play in during the colder months. So, if you don’t have a plastic slide, this can be a nice alternative with the double slides.
- You can inflate this within 3 minutes with the heavy-duty blower.
- The dump bucket makes it extra fun for the kids.
- Again, complaints of it not lasting is evident. This is a common issue with residential inflatables.
- Check the measurements before you buy because some parents find it smaller than what they expected and older kids would get bored of it pretty easily.
This Little Tikes inflatable water slide is fun for younger kids and the design also makes it easier for you to supervise them during play. Being smaller than the Pirate Bay, it is also cheaper which makes it more affordable for parents. But if you want a dual slide but bigger unit, you can take a look at the Blast Zone Crocodile Isle Inflatable Water Park.
Blast Zone Hydro Rush Inflatable Water Park
At first glance, the Blast Zone Hydro Rush Inflatable Water Park doesn’t seem too exciting with just a slide and a climbing wall. But what it has is a long, curved slide. The slide length is 9’9″ which is even longer than the Pirate Bay slide. To get to the top of the slide, your kids will climb up the climbing wall at the back and there is a sprayer to keep the slide wet.
==> Check Price
The pool area has a water cannon in the middle. It can fit 4 children inside while the slide and climbing wall can accommodate 1 child each. Maximum weight per kid is 100lbs. The climbing and slide surfaces use commercial-grade vinyl for extra strength. The whole unit has an approximate measurement of 18′ (L) x 11′ (W) x 8′ (H).
- Your kids do not have to exit the pool to go up back the slide. The pool area goes all the way from the front of the slide to the back where the climbing wall is located. This means less dirt and debris will get into the inflatable unit and hence, easier to keep clean.
- For the size, it is one of the less expensive ones in the market. After all, not everyone can afford a backayrd summer toy that costs over $500.
- The seams may rip apart as in all inflatable water slides and bouncers.
- Some parents had the hose connection broken after a short while.
- There is only one slide to keep the kids entertained. Hence, they will have to wait their turn to go down the slide.
A blow up water slide is not cheap but generally, kids will have tons of fun with it. It sure beats an indoor slide hands down. The downside is its durability given the high price that you have to pay. If you are lucky, it can last you a few years and by then, your kids would have gotten bored of it. If not, you will looking for a replacement after a few uses. However, most of these items come with warranty and this may provide some level of comfort for the money paid.