Give a toddler a ball and he will be kicking it around all day. So, if you think he enjoys this activity, a toddler soccer goal would make a great toy to have in the house. Imagine the joy of kicking a ball into the net. Surely there would be a sense of achievement and pride in your kid when he is able to do so once he understands the concept of scoring a goal.
Below are the best soccer nets for toddlers that you can get for your kid to let him hone his skills.
VTech Smart Shots Sports Center
If your kid is a year old, the VTech Smart Shots Sports Center would be ideal as a starter soccer goal. Apart from having a soccer net, it also has a basketball hoop and electronic learning features to keep it interesting and educational for those aged around 12 months old. After all, kids at that age still need sights and sounds to keep them interested and enagaged and hence, what you have here is a toddler soccer goal with sound.
==> Check Price
The electronic scoreboard will count baskets made so that your kid will be able to learn numbers. When the ball is kicked into the net, the toy will respond with encouraging electronic sounds. At the sides are turning gears and shape buttons to enhance play and learning experience. On top of that, there are over 50 songs, melodies, sounds and phrases to stimulate language development apart from encouraging gross motor skills development with the basketball and soccer play.
- You have a variety of play with the VTech Smart Shots Sports Center. So, even if you find that your kid is not into ball play, there is still the other electronic features to make the toy useful.
- Bright and colorful, it is also easy to attract kids to play with it. The sounds and melodies are a bonus.
- The educational aspect that is lumped together with the sports play means your kid is exposed to different developmental skills through a single toy.
- The toy shuts down automatically after a few minutes of inactivity to conserve battery.
- The volume is adjustable to cut down on the annoyance factor.
- It is a durable toy that will be able to withstand rough play by toddlers.
- It is on the small side. So, if your kid is older than 18 months, forget this and move on to something else, like those featured below. The basketball hoop may be way too low by then.
- Batteries are needed to run this toy and they are not included in the package. With all the sounds, lights and flashes, it will run down the batteries pretty quickly.
The VTech Smarts Shots Sports Center does have many good points to make it one of the best soccer nets for toddlers. The only drawback is it will be a toy that is very quickly outgrown.
Little Tikes Easy Score Soccer Set
The Little Tikes Easy Score Soccer Set would seem far less exciting than the VTech Smart Shots Sports Center for a toddler but if your kid is approaching 2 years of age, this would be the next step up. It comes with one goal with net, a ball and a pump. It has a lightweight metal frame to make it convenient to move it around. It is also easy to disassemble for storage.
==> Check Price
The goal measures 48″ wide x 18″ deep x 30″ high. You can flip the goal over to adjust the height of the net.
- This soccer net would not be so quickly outgrown. Some people have bought it for 6-year-old kids and they still can enjoy playing with it at that age.
- It is sturdy for a kids soccer goal and seems durable.
- The soccer set is easy to assemble.
- It comes with a pump to save you the hassle of getting one separately.
- The ball is too small and it is not a real soccer ball. It is merely a ball with a soccer print.
If your kid is too young, he may not be able to enjoy or even grasp the concept of scoring a goal. But compared to the VTech Sports Center, the Little Tikes Easy Score Soccer Set is more suitable for older toddlers for outdoor play. The former is an electronic toy while the latter is a soccer goal for the backyard to give your kid some fun kicking the ball into the net. It is also a change from the usual slides and playhouses.
Step2 Kickback Soccer Goal And Pitch Back
The Step2 Kickback Soccer Goal And Pitch Back is another option you can consider if you want a soccer net for young kids. This one is probably best for those aged 3 and above. This is because it includes 2 hockey sticks, 1 street hockey puck and 1 pitch-back ball apart from a soccer net and ball.
==> Check Price
The reverse side of the goal can be used to practice throwing and catching. The measurements of the goal is similar to the Little Tikes Easy Score Soccer Set above.
- It is possible to play toss and catch on the reverse side of the goal to give your kid another form of play when they are older.
- The hockey sticks and street hockey puck is a nice addition to introduce your kids to more sports games.
- The goal is sturdy but easy to move around.
- The accessories that are included in the package are too small. The soccer ball is small while the hockey sticks may be too short for 4 to 5 year old kids.
- The quality of the accessories could be better.
Which Toddler Soccer Net Should You Buy?
If your kid is just out of babyhood, obviously the VTech Smart Shots Sports Center would be the most approriate buy. But we feel that the best toddler soccer net you can get that will not be so quickly outgrown would be the Step2 Kickback Soccer Goal And Pitch Back. This is because it has more variety of play included with the pitch back goal and hockey sticks. Although the quality of the accessories may be suspect as these are merely add-ons, at least there are other types of play designed into that single soccer goal structure.
Furthermore, the price for the Little Tikes and Step2 soccer goals are about the same at the time of writing. Hence, if there are more types of play and accessories included in the package, it would seem to be a better value buy overall.