Want something truly grand for your kids? Then look at the KidKraft Grand Gourmet Corner Kitchen. It is a complete kitchen set with all the usual appliances that one would find in a real kitchen to get play moving along.
The features of the kitchen include:
- Fridge with freezer
- Removable sink with faucet
- Knobs that turn and click
- Hooks for hanging accessories
- Phone at the side of the fridge
- Chalkboard on the freezer door
- Two open storage areas
- 4 metal accessories – pot, pan, ladle and spatula
- Fabric curtain behind the sink
- The dimensions are 36 inches in length, 35.75 inches in width and 36.125 inches in height
For a better look at this kitchen, you can catch the features in the short clip below:
KidKraft Grand Gourmet Corner Kitchen Review – Should You Buy?
- L-shape – Not many kitchens would have this particular kind of structure. With a L-shape kitchen, you can fit this in a corner and save up on space while your kids can still get to enjoy many of the features. Otherwise, it would be one very long kitchen that could take up one side of your wall completely.
- Appliances – The washing machine is a nice touch. It would be hard to find another pretend play kitchen that also offers a washer although an oven, a microwave and fridge are pretty standard features. The freezer is another plus though and together with the chalkboard, it gives kids another way to express themselves.
- Large in size – The L-shape that goes about 3 feet each way ensures there is enough room for 2 to 3 kids to play at the same time.
- Counter space – Counter space is available to put food or to serve as a food preparation area. Many compact kitchens hardly have the room for a chopping board with all activities confined to the burner and sink at the counter level.
- Ample storage – All the appliances have working doors and behind some of them are shelves to store all the toy food after play. There is also two open storage areas for utensils and other knick-knacks.
- Sturdy – The whole structure weighs about 68 lbs. It is heavy and unlike compact plastic playsets like the Step 2 Cozy Kitchen, it won’t be so easily movable after assembly.
- Assembly – Assembly will take at least a few hours. There are a lot of parts to put together and some parents have complained that it has taken them 5 hours to get it assembled.
- Missing parts – A few complaints have also arose that parts are missing from the box. So, to avoid disappointing your kids if you are buying this as a birthday or Christmas gift, start early so that any missing parts can be obtained in time for assembly.
- Lack of buttons and sounds – Having buttons on some of the appliances like the washer instead of merely a sticker would have made play more enjoyable.
- No doors – The open storage cubicles could have doors so things would look less messy.
- MDF construction – The kitchen is constructed mainly from MDF. It is not solid wood, so the parts could break if too much strength than necessary is applied during assembly.
The KidKraft Grand Gourmet Corner Kitchen is also available in different colors if pink is not your cup of tea. You can get it in espresso, lime green and bright colors as well although they each have different selling prices. The espresso and lime green are suitable for boys with the latter having mostly a light wood color for a more natural look.
Unfortunately, the KidKraft Grand Gourmet Corner Kitchen does not come cheap although it is a cute, fun and complete kitchen playset with much sought after counter space. Personally, I find it a little pricey and the alternative would be the Kidkraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen. This one has a dishwasher instead of a washing machine and while it is not as large and does not have a L-shape structure, it is still has a small food preparation area and would not cost you as much.