The KidKraft Pink Wooden Kitchen 53195 is pretty limited in terms of availability. Not many retailers carry this model although it seems to be quite popular among parents. The other similar model is the KidKraft Primary Wooden Kitchen 53194 and the only difference between the two is the color with the Primary model having red, yellow, green and blue in its design instead of pink and white.
The features of the kitchen are:
- Microwave with working door
- Oven with working door
- Clicking knobs
- Clock face
- Spoon and spatula
- Removable sink with faucet
- Shelves below the sink
- Salt and pepper shakers
- Towel rail
- Hooks for spoon and spatula
- The dimensions are 24.5 inches long by 15.5 inches deep by 37 inches high
You can look at the features of the KidKraft Pink Wooden Kitchen through this video below:
KidKraft Pink Wooden Kitchen 53195 Review – Should You Buy?
- Compact size – It is hard to find a wooden kitchen that is on the small side. For plastic kitchen playsets, yes, you can get compact ones pretty easily. The Little Tikes Cupcake Kitchen is of a similar length while the Step 2 Cozy Kitchen is slightly shorter. But wooden play kitchens are usually much bigger. The KidKraft Vintage Kitchen is slightly over 30 inches long while the Melissa & Doug Classic Deluxe Kitchen measures 43 inches in length. So, the Pink Wooden Kitchen is a change for those who prefer wooden playsets on a smaller scale.
- Easy to follow instructions – The assembly is not difficult with clear instructions and labeled pieces given although you may need an hour or two to assemble due to the number of items.
- Sturdy – As with most wooden playsets, the Pink Kitchen is heavy and well-made. It weighs around 30 pounds, much heavier than plastic ones which tend to weigh around 10 pounds for those with a similar size.
- Clock – The kitchen has a clock with movable hands. Perhaps only one other children kitchen playset has a clock included in the design and that is the Step 2 Lifestyle PartyTime Kitchen.
- Lacks a fridge – While it has a microwave and an oven, the KidKraft Pink Wooden Kitchen lacks the one appliance that you can usually find in most other playsets – a refrigerator. Having a fridge would have made this play kitchen more complete and realistic.
- Composite wood – The kitchen is made of composite wood, not solid wood, so it will be more easily chipped. A few parents have also complained that the finishing of the wood panels are thin and easily damaged.
- Lacks food preparation area – Being small, the kitchen has no chopping and food preparation area. All the room is taken up by the stove and sink, leaving no space for anything else.
Just like most wooden kitchens, this KidKraft playset also has no electronic sound effects like sizzling and boiling noises from the burner. Some parents prefer it this way while others don’t. So, it is a matter of personal preference here.
However, the selling point here is its compact size which makes it perfect for those living in an apartment or just having a small corner to accommodate a toy. Since there are not many small wooden kitchens to choose from, especially one that also has great ratings from buyers, it is hard to give the KidKraft Pink Wooden Kitchen a miss if you are looking for something compact. The other notable brand that also has compact wooden play kitchens is Hape but this one by KidKraft is far more adorable in terms of design.