If you are looking to spend a little more on a play kitchen set for your kids, then take a look at the KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen. It is big enough for 2 to 3 kids to play together and it has quite a few interesting features not found on a typical kitchen playset. Among the features are:
- Fridge with freezer on the left
- Microwave on the top shelf
- Oven and dishwasher at the bottom
- Working doors for all of the appliances mentioned above
- Chalk board on the freezer
- Speckled counter top
- Storage shelf above sink
- Sink with faucet
- 4 burners with knobs
- Hooks for hanging play utensils
- Towel rack
- The measurements are 42.5″ (length) by 17.1″ (depth) by 41″ (height)
KidKraft Uptown Espresso Kitchen Review – Worth A Buy?
- Solid – This play kitchen weighs over 70 pounds. So, you can be assured that it is a solid and durable piece.
- A lot features – The chalk board is a unique feature that you probably can’t find with another playset. A freezer and dishwasher are also not that common for the smaller kitchens.
- Large – There is space to easily fit 2 to 3 kids. With 4 burners on the stove, sink and a small space for chopping up food next to it, there is ample space for group play.
- Storage – All the doors to the appliances can be opened with room inside for storage. So, all the utensils, pots and pans as well as play food can be conveniently stored away after play.
- Looks nice – This is a nicely designed toy that wouldn’t look tacky in your living room. The espresso color helps rather than the usual pink for a play kitchen. You can also get this set in natural color.
- No electronic sounds – This could be good news for parents as electronic sounds from toys could be pretty annoying at times. You will also need batteries for them to work. However, for kids, they might prefer to have sounds to make things more realistic like those in the Step 2 Lifestyle Dream Kitchen. For example, beeping sounds on the microwave would certainly make play more interesting. Such electronic sounds are clearly lacking in this play kitchen. The knobs only make a clicking sound when turned.
- No accessories – No play food, cutlery and cooking utensils are included in the playset. You will need to buy them separately for your kids.
- Tedious to assemble – The assembly will take at least 2 hours. For some parents, it even took as long as 4 hours. This is because every piece has to be screwed in as nothing comes pre-assembled.
The KidKraft Uptown Kitchen is made of heavy wooden particle boards with plastic parts for the knobs, handles and such. The size is suitable for toddlers up to around 5 to 6 years of age. Hence, it is not your typical plastic playset.
It is expensive for a play kitchen but it is on the large side with all your common kitchen appliances being included. The important thing is it is also durable which is a must for a toy like this. So, for a wooden kitchen, it gets our pick as the one to get.