A playhouse is fun. A playhouse with swing and slide is even more fun. When you can get different types of play in one single playset, kids will naturally find it more interesting. They can move back and forth among the different options which breaks the monotony of a single play item. Below are 3 different playhouse with swing and slide playsets which you can install in your backyard.
Best Playhouse With Swing And Slide – Different Designs
Step2 Naturally Playful Adventure Lodge Play Center
The Step2 Naturally Playful Adventure Lodge Play Centre is one of the best outdoor playsets out there. What you get is a 2-storey clubhouse which your kids can access via a rope ladder, ladder steps and climbing wall. The lower level has a working door which kids can move in and out from.
==> Check Price
A slide is attached to the second level of the clubhouse. It is 6 feet long. Apart from the slide, your kids can get also sit on 2 swings and a 2-person glider. Each swing can take a maximum weight of 75 lbs. At the end of the playset is a backboard hoop. So, after climbing, swinging and gliding, your kids can also play toss a ball for some sporting action.
There are a few reasons why this may be a good buy:
- The variety of play is there. It is more than a playhouse with swing and slide. It also has a glider and a hoop for ball toss.
- It has double-wall poly construction. What this means is that it is durable and sturdy. There won’t be problems with splitting and rotting too which you would normally find with wooden playhouses.
- It caters for different age groups. The sturdy steps makes it easy for a 2-year-old to reach the upper level of the clubhouse while older kids will find the rope ladder more challenging. You can also switch the glider or swing to an infant swing if you have a younger child.
- Assembly is not too difficult. While it takes a bit of time and you may require help, it is possible to finish assembling everything in a day.
On the other hand, there are a few drawbacks too. Firstly, it is expensive. At the time of writing, you have to pay nearly $1,000 for it. A typical outdoor playhouse will cost around $200 to $400. Secondly, the clubhouse is a bit small for older kids. They will have to hunch in order to get in. It is just nice for those around 2 to 3 years of age. Lastly, the swing and glider could be too high off the ground for younger children.
But overall, kids will love the Step2 Naturally Playful Adventure Lodge Play Centre when you have built it. With different parts of the structure being able to cater to different age groups, it is an outdoor playset that a toddler can happily grow into.
Little Tikes Clubhouse Swing Set
The Little Tikes Clubhouse Swing Set is smaller than the Step2 Adventure Lodge above. It has 2 toddler swings, a slide and a clubhouse. To get up to the clubhouse level, your kids can use the rope ladder on one side or a climbing wall on the other. A slide that measures just under 4 feet long is attached to the clubhouse.
==> Check Price
2 toddler swings are provided together with anchors to anchor the playset to the ground. You can also switch the swing to an infant swing if required.
Below are a few good reasons why this Little Tikes outdoor playset could be a great buy:
- It is more affordable. Unlike the Step2 playset above, this one costs less than $500 at the time of writing. Many playhouses with swing and slide will set you back at least $1,000.
- The set is not too big. Not everyone has the space in their backyard for a gigantic playset. This one will be just nice for those who don’t want a playset to dominate their outdoor space.
- Most people don’t have too much of a problem putting it together. You can get it done in a few hours.
- It is safe for toddlers. Because it is not so high from the ground, it is safer for toddlers who are still unsteady on their feet. It is also easier for them to climb up and down from the clubhouse.
On the flip side, the small size of the playset means it will be more quickly outgrown. It will probably be great for those around the age of 2 to 4, but if you also have older kids who want to share in the enjoyment, this could be a little too boring.
So, buy it for a toddler. The price is more affordable and you can always resell it when it has been outgrown. Being durable and sturdy, it will still be a good condition 2 to 3 years down the road. After that, you can move on to more challenging stuff for your older kid such as a monkey bar playset or a dome climbing structure.
Backyard Discovery Skyfort II All Cedar Wood Swing Playset
The Backyard Discovery Skyfort II All Cedar Wood Swing Playset is a change from the two items above as it is a wooden outdoor playset rather than plastic. Some people do prefer a wooden structure as it looks more natural and nicer in the backyard.
==> Check Price
For the Skyfort II, it has a clubhouse, lower playdeck, sandbox, glider, slide, monkey bars and 2 swings. The clubhouse itself has a covered entryway, balcony and crow’s nest. To get inside the clubhouse, your kids can go up a climbing wall or use the ladder stairs. At the lower level below the deck, a picnic table for 4 is also included.
The clubhouse is built in the middle with the monkey bar on one side and the swings plus glider on the other. A slide is attached to a covered section of the upper level of the clubhouse.
So, is the Backyard Discovery Skyfort II Playset recommended? Well, there are a few things going for it:
- It has even more play options than the Step2 Adventure Lodge Play Center. It is not just a basic playhouse with swing and slide. Basically, if you have this, you don’t need to buy any other outdoor play items since there is already a monkey bar, sandbox, picnic table and glider.
- There is something for everybody. Toddlers can play below deck and in the sandbox. The older and more adventurous ones can try the monkey bar. Others will be happy sitting on the swing or glider.
- The clubhouse is more elaborate in design. Unlike the Step2 and Little Tikes playsets above which is very basic, the clubhouse for the Skyfort II has a covered entryway, balcony and crow’s nest for more imaginative play. Even a picnic table is included for the younger kids.
- The slide is extra long at 10 feet. Even stand alone plastic slides are about 5 feet long only. A longer slide means more excitement and can accommodate older kids.
- Many kids can play together at the same time. Due to its size and different play options, it can accommodate up to 9 kids at one time with a maximum weight limit of 150 lbs per kid. It also means this playset is not only for younger kids but also those age 8 to 10.
Of course, there are also noticeable drawbacks for the Skyfort II. First of all, it is even more expensive than the Step2 Adventure Lodge Play Center. You will have to pay almost $1,500 for this playset at the time of writing. Second, the assembly is a pain. Some parents actually hire contractors to build it for them. Finally, it is a wooden structure and hence, it is prone to splits, peels and cracks. The wood is also thin. It is not thick, solid wood as you may expect. Hence, if you want to prolong its longevity, you will have to maintain it carefully over time.