The Step 2 Lifestyle Custom Kitchen II is cute with its gender-neutral colors. Not many play kitchens come in colors that are also suitable for boys. One that has a similar color as this one is the American Plastic Toy My Very Own Kitchen but obviously, that is not a popular set with its lower quality and can’t be compared with a Step 2 toy.
The features on this set are as follows:
- Granite-look counter tops similar to a modern kitchen
- Grey color oven, microwave and fridge similar to a stainless steel appliance
- Frying and water boiling electronic sounds can be activated when lid is placed on the special pan and pot
- Storage space with recycling bin, dish organizer, shelf and pull-out drawer
- Framed window and wallpaper on top edge for a good-looking kitchen
- Sink with faucet
- Accessories – 20 pieces including phone, dishes, cups and cutlery
- The size is 14 inches deep, 28 inches wide and 41.5 inches tall
Step 2 Lifestyle Custom Kitchen II Review
- Sturdy – This is a very well-made and sturdy toy. It is pretty heavy and solid, so it won’t topple easily.
- Compact – It is will be small enough for those with a lack of space at home or who do not like having huge toys occupying a corner of the house.
- Full of features – All the doors can be opened including the fridge. This means you can store food in there to make the kitchen even more realistic apart from the frying and water boiling sounds.
- Easy to assemble – The instructions are clear which makes the set easy to put together. Using an electric drill will make the whole process faster as there are no pre-drilled holes.
- Lack of counter space – Because of its compact size, it is a tight fit for even 2 kids.
- Play food not included – The accessories are pretty limited. There is no toy food included in the set for the cooking to begin.
- Price – It is a little pricey for a compact kitchen.
The Step 2 Lifestyle Custom Kitchen is suitable for those aged 2 to about 5. The younger ones may have trouble reaching the microwave oven, so be careful that your kids don’t end up climbing onto a chair to reach it. But if you buy it while your kids are younger, you will get at least 2 to 3 years of use out of it before it is outgrown.
Since the toy is solid and durable, it would definitely last quite a while. It might be a little expensive for a compact play kitchen but it does look realistic and most importantly, your kids will have a lot of fun playing with it since it has enough bells and whistles to keep them entertained. Overall, it is worth a buy for its features and durability and it still costs way less than the fancier kitchen playsets out there. Kids will still have fun regardless of the size of the kitchen and that should be good enough when deciding on a set to buy.